Participant Code of Conduct
We attend TEDxCalgary events in a spirit of curiosity, open-mindedness, and respect. We will not tolerate harassment in any form. As a TEDxCalgary participant, you’re expected to show respect for everyone, including other participants, volunteers and vendors, regardless of their background, class, political views or status.
At a TEDxCalgary event, you agree to:
- Respect people’s space and everyone’s ability to be an attendee.
- Respect confidentiality requests by speakers and other attendees.
- Look out for one another.
These behaviors don't belong at a TEDxCalgary event:
- Sexual harassment of any kind, including unwelcome sexual attention and inappropriate physical contact.
- Being disruptive, drinking excessively, stalking, following or threatening anyone.
- Homophobia, racism or behavior that discriminates against a group or class of people.
- Invasion of privacy, including taking photos that are unwanted or intrusive.
- The unsolicited selling or promotion of products and/or services (sharing and networking is okay, provided the other person is asking you to tell them more or wants to connect)
Contact us to report an incident.
If, while at a TEDxCalgary event, you have been involved or have witnessed an incident that violates the Code of Conduct, please use our reporting form to let our event team know as soon as possible. Share as much information as you can to help us make a thorough investigation of the onsite incident.
TEDxCalgary will investigate all incidents reported at an event with discretion and confidentiality. TEDxCalgary reserves the right to bar any person who violates our Code of Conduct from attending TEDxCalgary in its entirety or in part, and/or to cancel the registration of the person without refund.